HEY WASSUPP HELLOOOO
Literally dying to share this recipe with you guys because WOW it changed my life and it will change yours. Not sure why I ever thought of tossing in pesto with spaghetti squash but hey, better late then never am I right?
Its so quick and easy to make, and leaves you feeling SO full and satisfied. You wouldn’t think so because its veggies not carb-loaded pasta, but I found it filled me up waaaay quicker and for longer then pasta usually does because of all the fibre, water, vitamins and minerals!
I love spaghetti squash for all of its health reasons (I talk about spaghetti squash’s health benefits in my spaghetti squash with ground turkey sauce recipe) plus it tastes DELICIOUS and so versatile! Spaghetti squash is way lower in calories and carbs then pasta so if your looking for a lower cal alternative that still somewhat tastes like pasta then this is it!
Spaghetti Squash (I used only one half of a medium size squash and it made about 3-4 servings.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut into halves, scoop out all the seeds and guts in the middle. Drizzle with olive oil, lather up the sides and middle with it.
- Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Lay the halves of the squash face down on a cooking pan and pop in the oven for about 40 minutes. (If you read my other recipe with spaghetti squash then you know the drill)
- When its done it scoops out like spaghetti and is soft. Not too soft where its mushy though !
Chicken breast (3 chicken breast made about 3-4 servings)
- Chop up a few pieces of chicken breast, toss it in a pan with some olive oil and grill them until their cooked (so no pink in the middle)
- Sprinkle some montreal chicken spice
- Maybe one day I’ll make my own pesto (im lazy sometimes) but the brand I used was classico basil pesto. In a small little jar.
Toss the chicken, squash and pesto in a big bowl and TA-DA! You got a damn miracle.
I garnished my bowl in the above picture with some sliced tomatoes cause I’m fancy like that.
So simple and quick, good the next couple days or two for leftovers which is always a win-win.
Let me know what you think! 🙂 Enjoy Friends!