I have just been crazy in the holiday spirit the last few days. The one thing I LOVE about the Christmas holidays is all of the food and baking and spending time with friends and family. It’s just so fun and festive so I’m always looking for recipes to bake when I have a day off.
Being a total nutrition nerd I’m always looking for healthier ways to make Christmas treats and this one is super delicious! I know it’s not technically baking cause it requires none and there super easy but I still count it as a Christmas treat. And it’s actually a fairly nutritious one with a little sweetness. I mean calories don’t really count over the holidays right?
This recipe is similar to my other energy bite recipe on my blog but with a little festive twist. I’ve already eaten some of the leftover batter and 2 of the bites… oops. BUT THERE SO GOOD. Don’t judge a girl until you make them and try them. You’ll know what I mean, and I know you’ll be tempted to eat the Christmas m&m’s by the handful like I was.
OH about the “Christmas” m&ms… I’m from a small town and they didn’t have those in any of the stores yet so I had to get creative. They had the normal baking m&ms so I literally had to separate the red and green ones from the other colours. Wow that was annoying, but in the end super worth it. But during the whole separation process I may have tossed a few or more in my mouth. Sorry not sorry.
Alright, so if your looking for a healthier treat but still want to be all festive and stuff, this is a great option! I’m definitely taking them in my lunch tomorrow. You can freeze them as well so they last longer! But trust me, there so good they won’t last a few days.
– 2 cups of rolled oats
– 1/2 cup of “snow” aka shredded unsweetened coconut
– 1/2 cup of the Christmas m&ms, or separate them from normal ones like I had too ugh.
– 1/4 cup of hemp hearts or flax seeds. Could probably use chia seeds as well
– 1/2 cup natural honey
– 1/2 cup peanut butter
– all you gotta do is mix this all up in a big bowl until well combined. You might have to add a bit more oats as you go if it’s overly sticky which I had to do. More was sticking to my hands then the balls it was annoying.
– Then roll them up into 1 tbsp size balls. Freeze or refrigerate, or just eat the whole batch. Just kidding you’ll have a stomach ache.
I really hope you enjoy these bad boys as much as I did! Currently munching on one right now. Should probably put them away so there not sitting right in front of me in arms reach.
Get in the Christmas spirit and do some baking! Have a great Thursday friends.