Good morning to all my brownie & treat lovers.
Your going to LOVE this recipe.
Honestly just looking at these pictures, writing this post makes me want to eat them for breakfast.
Ooohhh just kidding I already did :).
They have bananas in them so it counts as breakfast right?
Once you try them you will see what I mean.
They are super gooey, chocolatey, moist (I hate this word but I don’t know how else to describe it), and very easy to make.
I’m talking 30 minutes easy, and that includes the cooking time.
Also, easter is coming up which means desserts, dinners and all the chocolates.
Please your fam jam and bring these bad boys to dinner, you’ll be the family favorite.. your welcome.
3 Ingredient Brownies
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total: 25-30 minutes
You will need:
- 3 Bananas (for the best flavour make sure there a little overripe)
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder unsweetened
- 1 cup Almond Butter (I used smooth almond butter for this batch but I think next time I make them I’ll try crunchy because I feel like that would be tasty)
- Optional: 1/2 tsp cinnamon & 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your 9 x 9 square baking dish (As you can see I had to improvise and didn’t have a square dish), by spraying it with a non-stick cooking oil or rub coconut oil along the sides and the bottom.
- In a large bowl, mash the 3 bananas with a fork until smooth. Add in the almond butter and mix until smooth (I used a hand mixer for ultimate smoothness). Once thats mixed in good, add in the cocoa powder and mix until smooth or until no cocoa powder is seen. They should look super chocolatey at this point. Add in optional cinnamon and chocolate chips at the end and stir in.
- Pour the brownie batter onto your baking dish and spread around until even and smooth (ish) with a spatula or spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes, let cool completely before you cut and serve.
- DIG IN!
Note: If the almond butter you buy is still a bit hard, stick it in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds and it should soften up.
Like I said, there so good you’ll be shocked that they have no flour or sugar.
Those bananas give it the natural sweetness and gooeyness, the cocoa gives you the ultimate chocolatey goodness, and the almond butter, well….. its almond butter and its freaking delicious.
Good luck fighting over this one with your family!
My parents loved it, my boyfriend loved it so I can assure you they don’t taste like cardboard.
Perfect for that late night chocolate craving…. or morning chocolate craving.
Let me know what you think in the comments or shoot me a message on my social media accounts!
If you try making the recipe send me or tag me in your pictures, I want to see how yours turned out.
Enjoy friends! and Happy Easter Weekend!